Monday, November 24, 2008




WOW, only 14 hours and I'm off to hospital for the big banding adventure, what a trip, who would have thought that I would finally see the light at the end of the optifast tunnel. No more optifast for this fat black duck....




The 24th November is a special day all round , today is our 1st wedding anniversary and I had an absolutely lovely day , with my boy spoiling me rotten with new diamond huggie earrings , they are beautiful ( see photo), three layers of bling and a bottle of my new favourite perfume “Jessica Parker, of sex in the city fame, called Covet” it is divine...




I can’t believe that it is 12 months since we walked down the aisle to ABBA. Ahhh memories.... I do, I do, I do....What more scary is that it has been 12 months since all of our friends were with us from around the globe, Bonnie, Ben and Cass from the US, Susan, Corrine and Tank from Cairns and all our gorgeous friends and family from near and far, time just speeds by, its crazy, life is not about the amount of breaths you take its about the moments that take you breath away, and that day was one of those moments.

Today was fun for another reason I had a kind of get out of jail free pass from my dietitian and had Chinese for lunch, pssst don't tell my doctor. It was really, really, really, really, really ,really, did I say really nice, especially after almost 2 weeks of Optifast and nothing else. I must admit as bad as the optifast torcher , it truly works, I have lost 5.6kgs ( almost 12.5 pound) in 12 days, that’s the most I have ever lost in such a short amount of time.




It was very hard the first three to 4 days then I kinda got used to it and I was also aloud to add a little protein and that made it bearable. The carb craving also subsided by about day 6-7. I couldn't live like this for as long as it takes to lose the weight I have to lose, but for all intents and purposes it works, its hard work , but it dose the trick , so if you wanna drop a dress size or more in two weeks this is how to do it.




The big day is almost here, I go in at 8.30am tomorrow 25th November 2008 , I hope I’m one of the first people to be operated on so I can get it over and done with, I feel a bit nervy now, especially when the hospital called and said I have to fast after midnight tonight, (dam that rules out the 2 liters of cookies and cream ice cream i had planned for 2am snack, hahahahahahaha, I'm funny , berry funny....) I can have nothing but black tea, water or apple juice up till 7am, then nothing after that, scary stuff...



To all my gorgeous Friends , my husband, my mum, my cousins and the kids Thanks for the love well wishes and I’m sure all will be fine..mighty fine indeed and in the end also mighty slim, hahahaha,here we go, here we go , here we go......say good by to the big Tracey....

1 comment:

Holly Kirsten said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! GOOD LUCK TODAY AND WAY GO ON CONQUERING YOUR FIRST STEP INTO YOUR NEW HEALTHY LIFESTYLE! TALK SOON XO HOLLY